POSITION: Program Monitor
CLASSIFICATION: Full time
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
The purpose of the Program Monitor is to monitor compliance with federal, state, and AAA regulations whether under grant, contract, MOU, or as a direct service of Young at Heart Resources. The position functions under general supervision of the Chief Operating Officer. EOE
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for monitoring all funded programs and services within Young at Heart Resources.
- To perform the above monitoring, this position must research, study, and have a thorough understand of the following at a minimum:
- Older American’s Act
- Code of Federal Regulations Part 74
- Code of Federal Regulations Part 200
- Code of State Regulations Part 19
- Other health and fire regulations as pertinent
- Other grant rules and regulations as needed to satisfy special grants
- Document through clear and comprehensive work-papers and reports any findings and establish reasonable but firm timelines for corrective action
- Follow up on corrective actions to see that they are completed and do not recur in the future.
- Evaluate and report on client satisfaction.
- Provide technical assistance to contractors as related to compliance with regulations.
- Represent Young at Heart Resources in a positive manner with prospective, former, and current contractors, partners, employees, other organizations, clients, and the general public. Interact effectively with a diverse group of organizations, governmental representatives, communities, professionals, clients, employees, and in a highly professional manner.
- Support and uphold the mission statement, principles, and policies of Young at Heart Resources. Handle confidential information with tact and discretion and in compliance with applicable HIPPA regulations and requirements.
- Assist with disasters per the Young at Heart Resources disaster plan and as assigned.
- Internal control and monitoring functions as assigned.
- Perform other functions and duties as necessary or as assigned.
High school diploma or GED required. Associate or Bachelor’s in a human services or related field is preferred. Other training and/or comparable work experience, especially in government non-profit compliance may be considered.
SKILLS/ QUALIFICATIONS/ ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently and set and meet own deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well with all levels of education and expertise
- Understanding of corporate culture, policies, and goals
- Understanding of client base
- Extensive computer skills including the ability to learn specialty computer programs as well as operate a wide variety of technological equipment
- Conflict resolution and negotiation
- Problem solving skills including the ability to analyze information and data and establish audit trails
- Ability to remain unbiased and professional
- Ability to express thoughts logically both in writing and verbally
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Persuasive with details and facts – ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to Young at Heart Resources.
- Travel extensively, primarily by car
- Verbal and written communication by phone, computer, and face to face with contractors, other organizations, and clients.
- Training and public speaking skills a plus
- Able to do moderate lifting, pushing, and pulling
Submit your resume with cover letter to email@example.com.