The CFO will have oversight responsibility for all financial-related activities. He/she will also provide financial analysis, statistical information, and accounting expertise to the CEO, Director of Operations, Board of Directors, staff, contractors, and regulators. The position reports to the CEO.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for preparations and oversight of the General Ledger and all financial-related Statements and Reports.
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation and submission of payroll and all related reports and filings, accounts payable, and receivables.
- Ensure the preparation and timely submission of accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial related reports.
- Preparation of the State Mandated Audit Financial Statements, and related supporting documentation; oversight of the audit process including the preparation of forms 990 and dissemination of audit reports.
- Establish procedures for custody and control of assets, records, and collateral to ensure safekeeping and compliance. Assess and recommend use of cash reserves to maximize interest income.
- Establish, implement and oversee purchasing procedures, including bidding, and ensure they comply with regulations.
- Analyze financial data and make timely recommendations to the CEO based on that analysis to identify opportunities for improvement within the Agency’s programs and business to achieve a high-quality but cost-effective services & business operations.
- Evaluate financial reporting systems, accounting, and collection procedures and recommend changes to procedures, operating systems, budgets, and other financial and internal control functions.
- Develop, update, and implement a comprehensive Financial Procedures Manual.
- Continually assess agency service and financial trends for strategic review by the management staff and Board of Directors
- Work with insurance brokers and agents to purchase/renew all necessary and mandated insurances and risk management tools.
- Monitor financial industry as well as related federal and state regulations, changes and trends and ensure compliance and transparency of the Agency’s fiduciary responsibilities
- Develop job descriptions, recruit, and interview, select and train Department employees on all accounting functions. Includes supervision, evaluation, discipline and termination of Department employees.
- Represent Young at Heart Resources in a positive, professional manner with prospective, former and current contractors, partners, employees, other organizations, clients and the general public.
- Interact effectively with a diverse group of organizations, governmental representatives, communities, professionals, clients, employees and in a highly professional manner
- Support and uphold the mission statement, principles and policies of the Northwest Missouri Area Agency on Aging.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion and in compliance with applicable HIPPA regulations and requirements.
- Assist with disasters per the Agency’s disaster plan and as assigned.
- Perform other functions and duties as necessary or as assigned.
Bachelor’s in Finance or related field from a four-year accredited College or University. Two years or more related experience, preferably with non-profits and allocated cost accounting. Management experience preferred.
SKILLS/ QUALIFICATIONS/ ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Leadership and vision as well as strategic and long-term thinking, critical and logical thinking
- Understanding of GAAP as related to non-profits
- Ability to implement and maintain financial controls in a small business environment
- Proficiency with accounting software including proficiency in Excel
- Ability to simplify financial information for non-financial people
- Budget development and oversight experience
- Knowledge of tax and other compliance implications of non-profit status
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Able to work independently and set and meet own deadlines without supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Able to develop and implement a sound strategy and plan
- Persuasive negotiation skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents
- Maintain composure and focus under stress
- Delegates responsibility effectively
- Persuasive with details and facts
- Adequate verbal and written communication skills via phone, computer and face-to-face with contractors, other organizations and clients.
- Able to do minimal lifting, pushing, pulling
Apply by sending a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.Young at Heart Resources is an EOE