Benefits for this position include: agency-paid health insurance, paid time off,13 paid holidays, retirement plan available after 1 year, optional dental & vision insurance.
Job Title: Community Outreach Coordinator, full time in Cameron or Albany
Apply by sending a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Young at Heart Resources is an EOE.
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
The purpose of the Community Outreach Coordinator is to convey Young at Heart Resources’ mission, purpose, and services to the general public. This position will lead volunteer recruitment and retention efforts by promoting the volunteer opportunities available throughout Northwest Missouri.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain networks of community partners and foster strong partnerships and positive relationships with local communities to create visibility and understanding of issues and programs offered.
- Manage the Give 5 Volunteer Recruitment program.
- Represent Young at Heart Resources in a positive, professional manner.
- Support and uphold the mission statement, principles, and policies of Young at Heart Resources in serving older persons with the greatest economic or social need, especially low-income minority persons, throughout the organization’s 18-county region.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion and in compliance with applicable Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations and requirements.
- Participate in various community events.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Leadership skills and vision.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to develop and implement a strategy and plan for accomplishing the functions and responsibilities of this position.
- Work well under stress.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Teaching skills and being comfortable speaking with the public.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Ability to work independently and set and meet deadlines without direct supervision.
- Basic computer skills including the ability to learn specialty computer programs.
- Ability to organize and maintain reports, and to share a clear summary with others.
- Good verbal and written communication skills – by phone, computer, and face to face, with contractors, other organizations, and clients including people from a variety of levels of education and expertise and social/economic backgrounds.
- Reliable transportation for necessary travel, primarily within the eighteen Northwest counties, but can occasionally include travel outside the area.
- Cultural sensitivity to older adults and people with disabilities.
Bachelor’s degree in human services field required. Knowledge of aging and older adults preferred. Training and/or comparable work experience in lieu of educational requirements will be considered.